Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SMAPP (Smart room and Mobile APPlication Development Suite for hospitality)
Reporting period: 2016-05-01 to 2016-09-30
1) Visitors are always looking for new deals and personalized experiences;
2) Guests are getting more price-oriented, so hotels have to lower prices and create ancillary revenues.
SMAPP is the answer, an IT hospitality platform that allows increasing the hotels profits while improving the guest experience. This is possible thanks to the integration of three main modules:
1. Room Automation System that benefits both guest and hotel. The first one feel more comfortable and the second one can save energy.
2. Guest assistance improves guests’ experience by a mobile application that guide the guest during the stay.
3. Big data, a system that analyzes individual guest preferences with the aim to find out patterns of purchase behaviour. Hotel can use them to anticipate potential problems and provide solutions, or for better profiling the guests and propose them the right service at the right moment at right price through the “guest assistance” module.
1) Technical with the aim of improve some issues raised at the end of TRL6, validating the product, and taking advantage of the users’ feedbacks.
1a) We have improved the communication between APP and Cloud system creating a temporary storage area;
1b) The response time of the domotics system is lower, 0.5 sec;
1c) We have designed a prototype of a continuous communication system between guests and hotel suggested by the guests.
1d) We have proved that the guests want the system, so they will use it.
2) Execution Plan for drawing up the phase 2 project activities.
3) Freedom To Operate Analysis in order to make sure that we can freely commercialize SMAPP.
4) Market analysis to identify the most profitable countries to enter (Italy, Spain, France, UK and Germany), asses them (€483 mln – CAGR 5.4%), study our competitors and define our market position.
5) Financial forecasts such as pricing and cost estimation, expected selling quantification from 2019 to 2023, profit drivers, risk assessment. In 2023 the revenue will be over € 12 mln, profits over €9.6 mln, and ROI 12.36.