This Project will start the activities of Shift²Rail members related to the cross-cutting activities. The work Areas socio-economic aspects (WA1) and KPI Monitoring (WA2) as defined in the multi-annual action plan will start. The System Plattform Demonstrator Scenarios will be desigend in a first issue. The objectives of this proposal IMPACT-1 are:
- Evaluating the effects for mobility, society and environment induced by new technology solutions and developments,
- Introducing relevant targets and needs to create a more attractive, a more competitive and more sustainable rail system
- Defining System Platform Demonstrators (SPD) that represent future application use cases
- Defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that enable the monitoring and assessment of the Shift2Rail overall target achievement.
These objectives will be reached by performing a socio-economic impact analysis. Using these results scenarios for the System Platform Demonstrators are described with respect to the railway of the future for highspeed, regional, urban and freight transport. These scenarios are used to monitor the results of the other Shift2Rail projects using a mode of the KPIs. The model of the KPI shows the relation of the low-level KPI to the overall targets defined in the S2R Master Plan.
The project IMPACT-1 is planned to fulfil the respective topic of the Shift2Rail Annual Work Plan 2015.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/freight transport
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call