To put it simply, dogs are awesome. Whether they’re begging you for food, barking at their leash to convince you to take them on a walk, or simply greeting you when you get home, dogs do all of the little things that put smiles on faces around the world. Dogs are truly a man’s best friend.
Tail® aims at ways to use innovative technology to improve the quality of life for dogs and dog owners alike. Since dog ownership consumes a substantial part of the owner’s daily routine, it is important to look at what’s frustrating about being a dog owner, as well the social and environmental issues associated with dog ownership and address these problems. At Tail we have come up with solutions to most dog ownership problems by utilizing modern technology in a single, all-in-one device.
But that’s not all. With the help of sensors that track dog’s vital signs along with wellness indicators Tail® gives concerned owners a deeper look into their pets’ wellbeing. With the aid of Tail® we help dog owners infer vast amount of information about the dog’s health and care needs.
There is compelling evidence that Tail® is addressing an immense market with significant potential. Our target customers are all dog owning households. In Europe and the USA alone that is about 164 billion households shaping a market worth $16 billion.
In line with the objectives of the SME Instrument, the Tail® platform has huge potential for a fast market uptake and wide application in the medium and long term across different segments. As such, it is an ideal contender for pre-market funding to nurture promising innovative and disruptive ideas; support their prototyping, validation and demonstration in real world conditions and provide help for wider deployment and market uptake.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- agricultural sciencesanimal and dairy sciencedomestic animals
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsmobile phones
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicssustainable economy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call