"The objective of the Centric Reciprocating Compressor (CRC) project is to address and implement the findings of our SME Phase 1 Feasibility Study (GA#75626) to upscale, pilot, and commercialise our highly energy efficient, cost-effective, and lightweight air compressor targeting the nitrogen generator manufacturers in the maritime shipping sector. CRC offers annual energy savings of min. 30% and reduces operating costs in 35%. Besides, CRC is the first rotary reciprocal displacement air compressor in the market, representing a major breakthrough and our unique selling point (USP). If widely implemented across the EU, CRC can cut industrial GHG emissions in Europe in 17MT of CO2. Consequently, it will help solve the challenge of a more energy efficient industry, and contribute towards the climate change objectives set-out in the Europe 2020 strategy.
We have outlined a series of Commercialisation Objectives (COs) that build upon our validated technology and Feasibility Study. Achieving them will bring us to a wide market uptake across the EU and beyond:
1) Technology maturation objectives, to optimise CRC mechanical design prior to piloting and validation in real operating environment at end-user’s facilities. This will raise the TRL of our CRC technology from its current TRL6 to TRL8 (WP1).
2) Pilot and validation objectives, to demonstrate the economic performance, functionality, and user benefits through a large-scale piloting in industrial settings in collaboration with Air Products, elevating CRC from TRL8 to TRL9 (WP2).
3) Market maturation, communication, and innovation management objectives, enabling us to successfully bring CRC to the market and reach sales traction beyond Phase 2 (WP3, WP4, WP5 and WP6).
Through the CRC Phase 2 project we will significantly boost the growth in our company. We project to reach accumulated revenues of €67.81m generate at least 29 new full-time positions, and accumulate profits of €23.4m by year 5 post-project.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementinnovation management
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesclimatologyclimatic changes
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
- natural scienceschemical sciencesinorganic chemistryinorganic compounds
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call