The aim of this supporting action is the planning and the organization of the World Manufacturing Forum 2018 (WMF2018), to be held in the second semester of 2018. Keeping the WMF2018 in Europe is pivotal in order to retain the European leadership in key Manufacturing enabling technologies. The aim of this specific proposal is the planning and the organization of an event that can represent the flagship initiative for the year 2018. In order to take advantage of the previous experiences and reputation accomplished, the event will be called World Manufacturing Forum 2018. Strategic objectives of the event are:
• To be an open and independent environment where industry leaders and key policy makers from all over the world, together with all the relevant stakeholders, can discuss global trends, challenges, threats and objectives in Manufacturing, to give advice in policy, science and industry for the orientation of innovation perspectives for a global competitive and sustainable development;
• To be a platform where the most relevant and recent State-of-the-Art of the Manufacturing Innovation is spread and disseminated from a public policy perspective and at the same time where the most important trends and innovation needs are identified, discussed and shared, among interested parties and involved communities;
• To be a platform for the communication of the European Commission strategies and policies to a global audience (this event could be pivotal to the global dissemination of the process started in the EU Industry Day of the 28th of February 2017 and about EC Digitising European Industry Communication published in April 2016);
• To be a striving event to present results of the European cooperative research, to support the Horizon2020 and to discuss about international cooperation in R&D;
• To create visibility and better synergies between industrial and social initiatives launched by the Commission and by the Member States in a fair interplay with the other global regions.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call