Periodic Reporting for period 2 - Invidyo (Invidyo – Smart Baby and Baby Sitter Monitoring System)
Période du rapport: 2018-04-01 au 2019-04-30
According to a survey made by Mother and Baby magazine in 2013, six out of ten mothers said they welcomed the financial and emotional independence work gives them – but feel bad about missing out on witnessing their children develop. Almost 80% of working mothers feel guilty about leaving their children at home. This survey shows us that despite their achievements, modern mothers are struggling with an overwhelming feeling of guilt and a feeling that they are missing out on precious time with their babies.
Invidyo is designed to address these concerns by enabling parents to be aware of the baby’s overall well-being, automatically capturing the babies not-to-miss precious moments and giving parents the ability to quickly review the events of the day via smart daily summaries.
We strongly believe that these features will provide a solution to the above stated problem by easing the separation anxiety of the mother and decreasing the feeling of guilt resulting from missing out on her baby’s precious moments. Invidyo will provide parents with a peace of mind that is not present in conventional products.
The dissemination and exploitation activities of the project in the first half consisted of communication activities mostly. A detailed internal and external communication plan was developed within the first 3 months of the project and we followed this plan closely. The second year dissemination and exploitation activities will be more focused in preparing the commercial infrastructure and finalizing the requirements for a proper global commercialization strategy.
We are planning to fully commercialize Invidyo at the end of Phase 2 and penetrate into 5 biggest markets in Europe & US within the third year. We are planning to generate a total revenue of 90 million € and create 60 new employments within the first 5 years.
Invidyo advances the state of the art through its unique use of deep learning algorithms to give working parents peace of mind while they are away from their children. This is achieved by:
- Using advanced A.I algorithms to automatically create a short summary clip containing the important moments of the day allowing the parents to quickly review the events that took place in their absence
- Analyzing loud noises in the audio stream using audio analysis algorithms in order to detect the moments where the baby is crying and sending mobile notifications to parents. Also allowing parents to soothe their babies by playing lullabies directly from the mobile app using two-way audio feature.
- Using face recognition technology to make sure that parents are notified immediately if someone previously unknown is detected in the vicinity of the baby.
- Recognizing baby’s facial expressions, such as a smile, using emotion analysis technology so that the parents are notified when the baby is happy. Invidyo automatically captures high resolution photos and creates albums to save these moments so that parents can cherish them in the years to come.
- Making sure that the baby’s environment is healthy using temperature, air quality and humidity sensors. Invidyo notifies the parents whenever sensor values are out of the acceptable range.