The European aviation industry needs to leverage the surge of multi-source and multi-lingual data streams to gain augmented intelligence on its status quo and open up a wide spectrum of unprecedented services for the whole ecosystem (airlines, airports, passengers, service providers, manufacturers, local authorities, etc.).
ICARUS will build a novel data value chain in the aviation-related sectors towards data-driven innovation and collaboration across currently diversified and fragmented industry players, acting as multiplier of the “combined” data value that can be accrued, shared and traded, and rejuvenating the existing, increasingly non-linear models / processes in aviation. Using methods such as big data analytics, deep learning, semantic data enrichment, and blockchain powered data sharing, ICARUS will address critical barriers for the adoption of Big Data in the aviation industry (e.g. data fragmentation, data provenance, data licensing and ownership, data veracity), and will enable aviation-related big data scenarios for EU-based companies, organizations and scientists, through a multi-sided platform that will allow exploration, curation, integration and deep analysis of original, synthesized and derivative data characterized by different velocity, variety and volume in a trusted and fair manner.
ICARUS will bring together the Aerospace, Tourism, Health, Security, Transport, Retail, Weather, and Public sectors and accelerate their data-driven collaboration under the prism of a novel aviation-driven data value chain. Representative use cases of the overall domain’s value chain include: (I) Sophisticated passenger handling mechanisms and personalised services on ground facilities, (II) Enhanced routes analysis of aircrafts for improved fuel consumption optimisation and pollution awareness, (III) More accurate and realistic prediction model of epidemics, (IV) Novel Passenger experiences pre-in- and post-flight.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securitydata protection
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencebig data
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securityaccess control
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata exchange
- social scienceseconomics and business
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learningdeep learning
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
LU1 3LU Luton Bedfordshire