This project aims to develop a prototype of a surveillance system for installation in a station of the Genova underground as a support for the operator. Starting from the results obtained in project 5345, DIMUS (a demonstrator system showing four surveillance functionalities and operating in a laboratory environment), a redefinition of end-user requirements will be performed in order to better focus the aim of the prototype.
The DIMUS prototype will provide the following surveillance functions:
- tracks and platform border control, for detecting the presence of object/people on the border of platform or accidentally fallen on the tracks
- tunnel entrance control, for detecting the presence of object/people at the entrance of the tunnel
- acoustic control, for detecting and localising anomalous acoustic events such as shout, shot, explosion, etc
- crowding evaluation, for estimating and localising the crowding level in the environment.
The prototype will be able to manage all the foreseen functionalities concurrently. These functionalities will be improved about:
- the accuracy of response on simulated scenes in laboratory environment
- the real-life performances on real scenes coming from an underground environment
- the real time performances of the system and its subsystems.
The objective will be to obtain a more robust system suitable for installation in a real underground environment as a pre-industrial prototype.
The DIMUS prototype, as the DIMUS demonstrator, will use different types of sensors (binary, visual, acoustic) and will be composed of the following modules: data acquisition, data merging, visual low level processing, acoustic low level processing, data fusion/interpretation, user interface, supervisor, moving camera, GSE and GTE. The DIMUS prototype will be installed in a station in Genoa underground taking into account all the constraints about plant laws and passengers safety.