According to the International Labour Organisation – ILO , more than 2.3 million worker dies from a work-related accident every year. The economic burden of poor occupational safety and health practices is estimated at 4% of global GDP.
The 4.0 Industry is an environment where there are more and more vehicles without drivers, robots and machines it is necessary that people can share the place in a safe and healthy way. Therefore, the 4.0 Industry needs more security, which can be provided by our innovative approach.
Today, the main technological challenge our customers face is to design a protection and positioning system that is precise, reliable, adaptable, low-cost and low intrusive. CLAITEC is driven to answer these needs, overcoming technical limitations that RFID systems has After 3 years of development, we characterised our own IR-Ultra-Wide Band technology including distance calculation algorithms to use as the basis of the products in development.
Our location system aims to warn/intervene drivers of vehicles when a risk situation occur (pedestrian run over, vehicle collision). The broadband of coverage ranges from 0.2 to 30 meters with an accuracy of 10cm.
Willingness-to-pay is driven by two main factors: The cost of an accident / Legal obligations. We want to perform an in-depth market study on the early adopters (logistics, construction, recycling, agriculture, manufacturing, and mining) followed by a geographical analysis. CLAITEC must identify process constraints and study the prototype industrialisation. The feasibility study will address a financial plan, foreseeing the all costs and investments associated with commercialising the product and the expected revenues in 5-years. The study will also aim assess legal aspects such as product certification according to European/Foreign legislation. All these activities will lead to the elaboration of a detailed business plan that would pave the way towards the commercialization of SAFETY 4.0.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwaste managementwaste treatment processesrecycling
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesagriculture
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencespublic healthoccupational health
- H2020-EU.2.1.2. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies – Nanotechnologies Main Programme
- H2020-EU.2.1.5. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Advanced manufacturing and processing
- H2020-EU.2.1.3. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Advanced materials
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call