Monteloeder is a global developer, manufacturer and distributor of ingredients and formulations for the nutrition and cosmetics industry. It is committed to identifying and developing safe and effective ingredients derived from natural plants that deliver measureable benefits to consumers. Founded in 1996, Monteloeder today has sales in more than 38 countries and operates offices in Europe, US and Asia.
INNOPREFAT is the result of a long process led by Monteloeder to discover a natural solution to address one of the major epidemics of our time: Metabolic Syndrome (MetS). MetS can lead to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes type-2, stroke, Alzheimer’s, cancer and heart disease. It affects more than 25% of the world’s population and represents a major and escalating global public health problem and clinical challenge. In Europe, about 8-18% of total adult healthcare expenditure is metabolic syndrome related.
The Business Model and the solution (MetabolAid®) are built around three dimensions: 1. A superior quality product based on a synergistic blend of two herbal extracts, which is supported by an extensive and rigorous scientific programme that demonstrates its effectiveness in improving MetS, as well as its safety and its economic viability. 2. A fully traceable, transparent and efficient supply chain, which guarantees that the product is natural, sustainably produced, completely safe and that it can be included in the main food matrices. 3. Global marketing approach includes a novel and original strategy: we will support our B2B clients with mobile phone health technology to manage end-consumer’s experience with the product and improve their levels of compliance, which in turn will enhance efficacy.
Monteloeder believes that those are the dimensions that will determine how ingredients must be designed, developed, produced and marketed to address the big changes in consumer preferences that are already taking place in the market.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/mobile phone
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/data protection
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/endocrinology/diabetes
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/public and environmental health
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/nutrition
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/pharmacology and pharmacy/pharmacokinetics
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/cardiology/cardiovascular diseases
- H2020-EU.3.2.4. - Sustainable and competitive bio-based industries and supporting the development of a European bioeconomy
- H2020-EU.3.2.1. - Sustainable agriculture and forestry
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
- H2020-EU.3.2.2. - Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call