The main objective of the project is to promote the Smart Specialization Strategy in Moldova through developing the field of nanomaterials for biomedical applications by enhancing the scientific excellence of the National Center for Materials Study and Testing (NCMST) of the Technical University of Moldova via a collaborative strategic partnership program with European leading centres.
This will be achieved through:
• Promoting links between the NANO and BioMedicine fields. (WP2)
• Training of a new generation of highly-skilled researchers capable of developing these fields and creating a leading national infrastructure at NCMST. (WP3, WP5)
• Developing a strategic research program focusing on nanomaterials for biomedical applications at NCMST including aspects related to technology transfer. (WP4)
• Extending collaborative networking and creation of capacities for broader participation of NCMST in Horizon-2020 and FP9 Programs. (WP6)
The promotion of links between the fields of nanomaterials and biomedicine will be performed through an intense exchange of knowledge and experience with partners on both bilateral and multilateral levels, accomplished by expert staff and student visits.
The training of a new generation of researchers will be performed through establishment of a nano-biomedicine training program to integrate the principles of nanotechnology, nanomaterials and biomedicine in research and coursework, and will be implemented by actions such as: (i) Moldavian students attending specific modules of Master programs at the partner institutions; (ii) two summer schools; (iii) theoretical and practical courses at NCMST for Ph.D. students and young researchers.
The project will also target the development of skills for management of innovation activities from the laboratory discovery phase to the point of technology transfer to medical institutions. This will be accomplished by means of transfer of practices and policies from the partner institutions to NCMST.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology/nano-materials
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call