G4SEMI goal is to create added value through the introduction of high performing Graphene-on-wafer at competitive cost,
accelerating innovation for the advanced semiconductor industry and eventually creating a new product category. This new
area of development will make it possible for the European industry to harness this market high potential, fostering
competitiveness and creating growth throughout the EU. GS proposes this Phase 2 project after the updated Phase 1
Business Innovation Plan, in order to take the CVD Graphene-on-wafer technology a step closer to the market through 3
specific applications: photosensors, biosensors and memory devices. This project will allow GS to become the worldwide leader
as Graphene-on-wafer producer with the necessary production capacity to supply the semiconductor industry and the
More specifically, the G4SEMI objectives are:
• To develop ready-to-integrate Graphene-on-wafers for the semiconductor industry (memory devices, photosensors or
• To produce custom made Graphene-on-wafer for each of the 3 different applications.
• Increase process yield and implement an automated and optimised quality control.
• To supply 200mm wafers (industry standard) to the semiconductor market.
• Scale production capacity to more than 10,000 wafers/year to demonstrate commercial viability
• Reduce more than 10 times the Graphene-on-wafer cost per cm2 (by scaling up and improving quality control).
GS has validated and patented a highly efficient Graphene-on-wafer production process and its application into electronic
GS will be able to introduce Graphene-on-wafer materials at industrial scale positively impacting the €545 billion
semiconductor devices market. GS will become the worldwide leader in Graphene-on-wafer for semiconductor applications
generating at least € 23.8 M in 2022, in incremental revenues, +76 jobs creation and a +10% market share by 2022.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorsbiosensors
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringmanufacturing engineering
- engineering and technologynanotechnologynano-materialstwo-dimensional nanostructuresgraphene
- natural scienceschemical sciencesinorganic chemistryinorganic compounds
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicssemiconductivity
- natural scienceschemical sciencescatalysis
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSME-2 - SME instrument phase 2
20009 San Sebastian Guipuzcoa
See on map
The organization defined itself as SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) at the time the Grant Agreement was signed.