Digital Innovation Hubs have become the national and European instrument to speed up digitization in SMEs/MidCaps to ensure the EU’s future industrial leadership. Most EU Member States DIHs have established, in a growing number of regions and sectors, complemented by regional and national networks. Also the EC is deploying a vast number of initiatives to support DIH activities. The next step is to build a pan EU network that coordinates and integrates this wide variety of initiatives and ensure collaboration and quality. DIHNET.EU just does that: build a network of networks involving hubs, competence centres, and regional and national programmes and infrastructures. The aim of this EU DIH network is to ensure the best possible support to SMEs and midcaps. DIHNET.EU will contribute to this in the following:
- Enhancing collaboration between stakeholders from the European DIH Community to better support SMEs/MidCaps with their digitisation, by creating awareness, understanding and activating the ecosystem on DIHs challenges and possible solutions.
- Offering DIHs an online infrastructure to facilitate their collaboration. This platform will support the DIHNET.EU Community with a wide range of services, information and tools that will help DIHs to communicate, align, collaborate and synchronise activities.
- Developing a clear overview of the DIH related services provided in Europe and align them.
- Upgrading the DIH Catalogue: identifying/activating activities in the DIH Community in coherence with regional, national and EU policies.
- Creating a strategy to reinforce the specialization of these services to SMEs and MidCaps, as well as support its uptake by relevant DIH and DIH networks.
- Creating a vision and strategy on a self-sustaining business model for this network of DIHs, and to make this operational.
The project is carried out by TNO, Tecnalia, Fundingbox, euRobotics, BluMorpho and FEDIL, have strong experience in DIHs and well connected to the EU DIH community.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action