Utilising digital technology to enhance safety and efficiency of ceramic tile glazing
Europe boasts world-leading companies in the ceramic tile industry. However, tile manufacturers are challenged by the slow and hazardous glazing methods of screen printing and spraying that result in significant material loss and pose a serious health threat to workers. The EU-funded Glazetile project aims to make use of digital technology to create a safer and more efficient in-line glazing process. It will speed up glazing at reduced costs while producing higher-quality products in a safer working environment. Overall, the project will lead to greater sustainability for European tile manufacturers.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencespublic healthoccupational health
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringceramics
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSME-1 - SME instrument phase 1
See on map
The organization defined itself as SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) at the time the Grant Agreement was signed.