Through the digitalization & Space 4.0 program, the space industry is transforming many elements of its engineering process. In that frame, one of the main targets is the improvement of the Integration Verification and Validation (IVV) process through cost reduction and duration optimization. Electrical Ground Support Equipment are essential tools at all levels of pre-launching testing of satellite / spacecraft namely the Assembly, Integration and Test and/or Verification activities (AIT/AIV).
The current EGSEs challenges are:
• Current solutions are hardly reusable & very costly, usually being custom developed for each mission/spacecraft.
• New technologies available from the IT sector, which have not yet affected the EGSE market.
• There are new standards (EGS-CC) to support space systems test, monitoring and control.
There is a clear need coming from Spacecraft Manufacturers for new generation EGSEs, providing the opportunity to challenge the current architectures & suppliers.
In this context, TELETEL wants to initiate the next generation modular EGSE architecture (NG-EGSE) project, to achieve the following main benefits:
• Establishment of a breakthrough innovative modular EGSE architecture, influencing cost and duration of the AIT/AIV operations in the space sector.
• Improve the competitive positioning of TELETEL in space EGSE market with game-changing, low cost EGSEs solutions, different to any alternative in the market.
• New opportunities in the general avionics market (not only space related).
• New EGSEs Building Blocks ready for use by Spacecraft Manufacturers such as Thales Alenia Space & Airbus Defence & Space.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call