The PDTAG will take a unified view of information captured in products throughout their life-cycle and will address all aspects of information management in the development, manufacturing and operation of technical products. Its major goals in these areas are to:
- promote European cooperation in product data technology (PDT), especially in European projects and in international standardisation (particularly with regard to the standard ISO 10303, STEP
- improve the European infrastructure for PDT cooperation and information dissemination
- strengthen European competitiveness in PDT.
These objectives will be pursued by the following means:
- Periodic meetings of the Product Data Technology Advisory Group (PDTAG), a body of PDT experts from a cross-section of industries and European countries. This group will provide strategic recommendations on PDT developments, monitor progress and suggest new initiatives.
- PDT European expert-level workshop on advanced PDT subjects of current economic significance.
- Annual PDT conferences for a wider European public, disseminating information on recent PDT progress.
- Advanced training programmes for the rapid dissemination of expertise on new PDT subjects.
- Communication activities, such as management awareness campaigns, to broaden recognition of the potential of the PDT approach.
- Assembly of a database on PDT developments in ESPRIT projects and other national and international activities.
These measures should greatly facilitate the rapid acceptance and practical use of modern PDT methodology, based on international standards and able to benefit European developments in advanced product data applications. These activities will in particular accompany the introduction of the methodology based on the new STEP standard.
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeData not available
91961 Les Ulis
NG8 6PE Nottingham
N 0314 Oslo