The main aim of the DRES2Market project is to develop a comprehensive and affordable approach to facilitate the effective participation of distributed generation based on renewable energies in the electricity markets, and enable to provide balancing and reserve services according to market criteria
DRES2Market is focused on overcoming the existing barriers (technology and regulatory framework) for developing the integration of these technologies, based on the following issues:
- The evaluation of the existing technologies (power generation, energy storage solutions, smart technologies, etc.) to design appropriate approaches for the effective integration of distributed generation in the electricity and ancillary services markets, propose the evolution of the technology to fulfil with the requirements to participate in these markets and recommend standards for these technologies.
- The analysis of the existing grid codes and markets rules in the European markets to assess their capacity to enable the participation of variable renewable energy.
- The identification of opportunities for the active participation of final consumers (based on distributed generation) in the penetration of these technologies, according to market criteria, proposing collaborative schemes.
- The identification of arguments of the positive impact of these technologies, to obtain the social acceptance of these technologies.
This initiative includes validation procedures based on computing and simulating processes based on real conditions.
DRES2Market consortium includes the key players for the system integration of variable renewable energy: balance responsible parties; market operators, grid operator; providers of technology solutions; prosumers; retailers that can develop the aggregator role; renewable energy players; research and development (R&D) institutions and consultants with large expertise in renewable energy integration in electricity systems.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
115 23 Athens
60 479 Poznan