The objective of the concerted action is to devise the basis for a common system of classification of forest sites that can be used alongside existing national, sub-national and local classifications.
Specific issues which will be addressed include:
- climatic variables to be used to definezones;
- use of soil moisture regimes and soil nutient regimes to define forest site types within each climatic zone;
- indicator plant species and existing classifications of forest humus forms;
- correlation of existing forest site classifications at national, sub-national or local level with the proposed system;
- correlation of the proposed system with classifications of native woodland vegetation.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions