The objective of the Concerted Action is to investigate EU tree nutrition and long-term forest soil fertility. Concentrating on the effect of nutrient removals at harvesting and the role of remedial fertilisation.
The main tasks are:
- Synthesis of information on nutrient removals from forest ecosystems, nutrient availability within forest ecosystems, and future tree growth of forest stands.
- Assessments of remedial action, including fertilisation and biological wastes.
- Methodologies for long-term field experimentation.
- Listing and description of long-term experiments on the effect of nutrient removals at harvesting.
- Identification of suitable computer models or suitable data sets.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions
54280 Seichamps, Champenoux
AB9 2QJ Aberdeen