The objectives of the concerted action are to strengthen communication about the environmental aspects of biomass production and biomass routes, in order to :
- improve knowledge and insights of the participating organizations
- identify differences in national insights and causes of those differences;
- reach consensus where possible about guidelines for environmental analysis, about major environmental issues and about possible solutions for environmental problems.
The concerted action focuses on
- analysis and assessment of the environmental impact of the most relevant biomass routes for energy supply in Europe;
- assessment of feasible ways to reduce negative environmental effects and to increase positive environmental effects;
- assessment of the extent biomass can play a role in European energy supply with respect to environmental impact, agricultural development and land use.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions
OX11 0RA Didcot
Pikermi - Attiki
Miranda Do Corvo
SE1 9NN London