The proposed research is directed to the development of a reinforced polyester matrix with improved low permeability to gas molecules, suitable for the transport of natural gas in onshore environment, for branch network distribution to civil and industrial users : The proposed duct will be made of thermosetting resin reinforced with glass fibres and will compete with the actual pipelines made of steel.
The main achievements of the proposal are the following :
1. develop gas low permeability polymer matrix
2. extend range of diameters up to 400 mm with pressure rating up to 70 bar with safety factor in design of 4
3. reduce installation costs and environmental damage
4. improve long term, 50 years, static strength
5. develop jointing methods
6. increase thermal resistance in order to support rapid temperature transient to -28 C and to +230 C.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
80072 Arco Felice (Napoli)