To develop immunochemical biosensors with electrochemical detection based on enzyme-antibodies and enzyme-PCB conjugates with glucose oxidase (GOD), alkaline phosphatase (AP) and/or peroxidase (P) enzymes;
to develop disposable strips for enzyme activity measurement;
to develop a flow injection system (FIA) for continuous monitoring of PCBs in water supply;
to develop a portable instrument for amperometric measurement with disposable strips;
to compare and assess the two prototypes with existing procedures for PCB determination.
The programme can be divided in 11 different tasks:
1. Production of Electrochemical Biosensor for enzyme activity determination.
2. Production of immobilized antigens or antibodies.
3. Development of electrochemical biosensors for PCB with immobilized antigens.
4. Validation of PCB biosensors in comparison to establish reference procedures.
5. Development of a continuous monitoring procedure.
6. Construction of a prototype for continuous monitoring of PCBs in field.
7. Validation of the continuous monitoring with biosensors using established reference procedures.
8. Development of disposable strips with immobilized PCBs.
9. Development of a procedure for measuring PCBs with disposable strips.
10. Development of a prototype for PCB analysis with disposable strips.
11. Validation of disposable strip measurements using established reference procedures.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts