To investigate the feasibility to degrade various wastes, combining extraction of the toxic/dangerous compounds from the wastes by supercritical carbon dioxide and oxidation of the extracts by supercritical water (SCE-SCWO).
The project includes the following tasks :
1. Investigation of the physics and chemistry of the extraction of halogenated organics from chemical and pharmaceutical wastes by supercritical carbon dioxide and producing extracts for SCWO-process.
2. Investigation of chemistry and reaction mechanisms of the supercritical water oxidation of model substances and extracts from the extraction step (task 1).
3. Modelling of the extraction and supercritical water oxidation based on the reaction mechanisms of model substances depending on temperature and pressure resulting in a conceptual model for the SCE-SCWO reactor.
4. Preparation and characterization of model waste samples.
5. Design of the combined (SCE-SCWO)-process with special attention to the interface and the mass flow relation over the interface.
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts