The project aims at mitigating the risk posed by seismically unsafe old RC and masonry buildings: a) by assessing existing and developing new assessment methods and by shedding light into the relation between local failure and global collapse and the seismic performance of heavily loaded columns and torsionally unbalanced buildings before or after retrofit, b) by formulating specific proposals for the revision of Eurocode 8, Part 1-4: "Strengthening and Repair", including rules for dimensioning of the retrofitting.
It includes 6 workpackages:
1) Conceptual framework and background of seismic assessment and rehabilitation;
2) Practical seismic assessment and rehabilitation;
3) Tests of RC members and small structures;
4) Pseudodynamic testing of large RC structure;
5) Proposals for seismic assessment and rehabilitation (for Eurocode 8); and
6) International cooperation (with USA, Japan and Turkey).
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
WA3 6SU Warrington
SW7 2BU London