The aim of the project is to bring together on a European scale expertise in tests of reliability and in norms initially for all renewable energy sources.
This project will focus on solar energy (photovoltaic and thermal), in order to :
- generate a data base of applicable standards and codes
- develop and harmonise test methods, criteria and procedures, among the different laboratories dealing with renewable energies
- evaluate some methods: accelerated test methods to predict the lifetime and MTBF of systems and components, solar irradiance sensor calibration.... Two test methods which are not well established will be developed and evaluated :
* special tests on solar irradiance sonsor calibration and PV dark I-V testing
* ageing testing of typical PV power pumps.
Probabilistic methods to predict the performance of the pumping system in time and it's MTBF will be studied, with the help of the nuclear data process.
- prepare EC specification on selected topics.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
13108 St.paul Les Durance