The objective of this study is to ease the implementation of the accounting framework of the EC/US project on the external costs of fuel cycles by developing a set of manuals to provide step by step instructions for applying the methodology, supplemented by a harmonization procedure for data.
The work will result in:
- a user manual or set of manuals, allowing for the smooth application of the accounting framework as developed in the EC/US study;
- a harmonized set of data to accompany the manual, based on identified Europe-wide databases;
- a transfer matrix which represents the atmospheric models used by ETSU for the accounting framework for the external costs of fuel cycles; - a report on the pre-dissemination phase for Belgium, including a set of information tools and a list of scientific institutes interested.
The study contains four different elements:
- preparation of a user manual describing and explaining the methodology; - harmonization of data: the manual will be accompanied by a number of Europe-wide databases in order to ease the data-gathering work for implementation;
- development of transfer matrices for atmospheric modelling; - preparation of tools for a pre-dissemination phase with application to the Belgian case.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts