The objective is to develop a methodology and a planning tool for regional decision makers. This tool will be based on a "Geographical information system" designed to facilitate the integration of renewable energies into regional energy markets. It will describe:
- the potential for each branch of renewable energy production; - the effects on the environment, due to large scale use of
- the effects on employment and regional economy.
In a first phase, the objective is to implement the methodology with the support of the regions members of the FEDARENE (European Federation of Regional Energy and Environment Agencies).
In a second phase, two pilot regions will be chosen in order to implement an operative "Geographical Information System" for renewable energies. The "Geographical Information System" is a dynamic tool developed by Mens en Ruimte. This decision-support tool aims to assess the influence of the political and atrategical options of the regional decision makers on the environment, on the employment and on the local economy. It is constituted by the different interactive data bases containing the collected informations, in order to provide targetted maps at regional level. The "Geographical Information System" for renewable energies will provide three types of maps:
- thematic maps from existing statistical and infrastructure data at regional scale (e.g. rural population density available forestry wastes)
- prospective maps resulting from the elaboration of the links between the data bases (e.g. Population density/potential ressources/unemployment...)
- strategic maps resulting from the integration of the data, links and information corresponding to political and strategical options which can be taken in the sector of renewable energies.
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
3001 AK Rotterdam
38611 San Isidro. Santa Cruz De Tenerife