SELIS is aimed at delivering a ‘platform for pan-European logistics applications’ by:
- Embracing a wide spectrum of logistics perspectives and creating a unifying operational and strategic business innovation agenda for pan European Green Logistics.
- Establishing an exceptionally strong consortium of logistics stakeholders and ICT providers, that can leverage EU IP from over 40 projects so as to create proof of concept Common Communication and navigation platforms for pan-European logistics applications in month 18 deployed in 8 living labs (LLs) representing the principal logistics communities..
- Establishing a research and innovation environment using the LLs to provide data than can be used for discovery of new insights that will enable continuous value creation supporting the large scale adoption of SELIS.
The proposed Shared European Logistics Intelligent Information Space, SELIS, is a network of logistic communities’ specific shared intelligent information spaces termed SELIS Community Nodes (SCN). SCNs are constructed by individual logistics communities to facilitate the next generation of collaborative, responsive and agile green transportation chains. SCNs link with their participants’ existing systems through a secure infrastructure and provide shared information and tools for data acquisition and use, according to a 'cooperation agreement'. Connected nodes, provide a distributed common communication and navigation platform for Pan European logistics applications. Each Node decides what information wishes to publish and what information wants to subscribe to.
The SELIS Community Node (SCN) concept represents the evolution of a longline of research in this area. The fundamental principle is that it provides a ‘lightweight ICT structure’ to enable information sharing for collaborative sustainable logistics for all at strategic and operational levels.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/business intelligence
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/big data
- /social sciences/economics and business
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
TW11 8LZ Teddington
20090 Vimodrone Mi
23843 Bad Oldesloe
570 22 Thessaloniki
Dublin 4 Ballsbridge
N21 3NA London
4470 177 Maia
2676 LL Maasdijk
30175 Marghera Venezia Ve