The nine European Technology Platforms (ETPs) that focus on the Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy (KBBE) join forces in this support action 'BECOTEPS'.
The main objectives and the respective activities will be:
1) Achieve closer and more coordinated collaboration between the KBBE ETPs.
2) Develop recommendations for better interaction between KBBE ETP stakeholders along the product chains and the sustainability issue regarding multidisciplinary research, application and policy issues.
BECOTEPS will help to link science and application by addressing synergies and gaps i) between the SRAs of the ETPs and ii) with respect to the research preparedness of the scientific community by topical workshops on cross-cutting KBBE issues.
The first workshop will address trust and collaboration in the food and feed chain, the second the integration of the non-food chains, and the third cross-cutting sustainability issues. The workshop recommendations on research and policy will be summarised in a White Paper.
3) Encourage discussions among public research initiatives - European and national – and between the public and the private research initiatives to foster implementation of the Strategic Research Agendas based on the recommendations developed between the ETPs. In addition, BECOTEPS will promote the KBBE concept with the European Commission, European Parliament and national ministries in the member states including the relevant ERA-NETs.
A small number of dissemination events will be held to discuss the KBBE, recommendations from the workshops on implementing cross-cutting issues from the ETPs’ Strategic Research Agendas (including Lead Markets, SMEs, education and training), and future collaboration.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/bioeconomy
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call