The place of SMEs in the Information Society
As part of the second European Information Society Awareness Week (16-20 September 1996), the Euro Info Correspondence Centre in Poland is organizing a conference entitled "The place of SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) in the Information Society".
The conference, which will take place in Szczecin, Poland, on 18 September 1996, is intended to gather together 80-100 representatives of SMEs in the north-western part of Poland, including Polish-European joint ventures. The conference programme will include:
- An overview of EU activities to promote the Information Society and future perspectives in light of the Prague Forum;
- Objectives of the Polish strategy for accessing the EU;
- Modern business information sources available to SMEs;
- Current communication situation in Poland;
- Strategic overview of the benefits and opportunities of the Information Society for SMEs in Poland (equipment, networks and infrastructure);
- New approaches towards education in the Information Society (distance learning, self-training, teleconferences etc.).
The European Information Society Awareness Week was launched by DG XXIII (Enterprise policy, distributive trades and tourism) of the European Commission and the Information Society Project Office (ISPO). Financial support has also been provided by DG III for certain events taking place outside the European Union. Its aim is to promote awareness among SMEs of new information and communication technologies and to encourage them to use these technologies in their day-to-day activities.
For further information on the Polish conference, please contact:
Euro Info Correspondence Centre
Mr. Jaroslaw Mrozek
ul. Surawia 6/12
Tel. +48-91-6251390; Fax +48-22-6251290
For further information on the European Information Society Awareness Weeks, please contact:
DG XXIII - Enterprise policy, distributive trades and tourism
Ms. Nic Morris
200 rue de la Loi