Networked Media and Search Systems
EMC2 builds bridges between industry and academia in the field of media computing and communication, enabling industry to exploit current research and researchers to exploit market opportunities.
EMC2 bridges the gap between industry and academia and facilitates the lasting impact of research in media computing and communication (MC2) by projects such as 3DLife and REVERIE.
With a focus on 3D media processing for Internat and social networking, VR/AR, computer vision and motion capture, multimedia content analysis, 3D film and videao, EMC2's core activities are:
- bringing together MC2 stakeholders, including companies, research centres and researchers;
- academia-industry matchmaking facilitating technology transfer to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- promoting the entrepreneurial spirit within academia and enabling researchers to acquire the entrepreneurial mind-set and skills;
- enabling industry to help shape European (academic) research agendas in MC2;
- creating and promoting a rich online repository of resources for industry and research, including software and data, teaching materials, contact databaeses, funding notifications and publication opportunities.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call