The main purpose of the coordination action HUMSEC is to contribute to a better understanding of the link between trans-national terrorist groups and criminal organisations in the Western Balkans and their role in the peace-building process in the region.
The project will set up a network of European researchers with the aim:
- to map and integrate European research capacities on the impact of trans-national terrorist groups and criminal organizations on the peace-building process in the Western Balkan region;
- to develop a shared methodology of collecting facts and figures;
- to promote an interdisciplinary scientific dialog among experts in the field of terrorism, criminology, security studies, peace and conflict studies and human rights;
- to exchange experiences as well as different proposals for legal and institutional reforms;
- to coordinate and publicize the results of research in courses held with young professionals and representatives of the civil society and among policy-makers.
A key element of the courses will be to strengthen democratic principles and to raise awareness on the impact of trans-national terrorist groups and criminal organizations on the peace-building process in the Western Balkan region by means of human rights education and education for democratic citizenship. Moreover, an Internet platform will be created to facilitate the scientific dialog, publications will be released and a dissemination meeting will be organised to present the results of the project to policy-makers.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action