ICT for Ageing and Wellbeing
FARSEEING wants to provide an information basis for research and therapy development for fall prediction, prevention and support, by building the world’s largest fall repository. This database will facilitate the collection, analysis and processing of behavioural and physiological data related to falls, daily activity and physiological factors. The data will be collected using smartphones, and wearable and environmental sensors providing self-adaptive responses.
One of the objectives of Farseeing is to design and evaluate a self-adapted intervention program (acting at physical/physiological and cognitive level) to restore or enhance healthy functioning for still high functioning older persons that have recently experienced a functional loss, and also for people at a high risk of falling.
The inclusion of a longstanding cohort study ensures a representative population sample, which is urgently needed to translate scientific and technological progress into real fall prevention and treatment services for real people.
Members of the FARSEEING community can access the latest evidence, discuss experiences, share knowledge, ask questions and seek advice of anything fall-related.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdatabases
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securitydata protection
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsmobile phones
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)
See on map
See on map