"The overall aim of the SENS-ERA project is to integrate the Georgian Technical University (GTU) into the European Research Area (ERA), by developing cooperation with European research and innovation organisations in its 3 strongest research topics:
A) Semiconductor based materials for optical sensors;
B) Radiation sensor elements based on A4, A3B5, and rare earth semiconductors;
C) Novel smart sensor systems for environmental monitoring.
These are research topics highly relevant to the FP7 ICT, NMP, Security and Environment work programmes.
GTU was established in 1922 and is the leading technology university in Georgia. It is also an important research centre in the South Caucasus and Black Sea region and many GTU graduates have gone on to become high-ranking scientists and engineers around the world.
The SENS-ERA project will build upon GTU’s existing strengths as a high-quality research institution via capacity building activities with the following 3 excellent European research and innovation organisations:
1. Cranfield University (Cranfield),
2. Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus (TEIPIR),
3. Intelligentsia Consultants (Intelligentsia)
The capacity building activities will involve twinning and training of GTU researchers focused on the three research topics as well as the FP7 programmes (e.g. ICT, NMP, Security and Environment). Also, it will involve dissemination and strategy development to support the GTU organisation.
The SENS-ERA project will be overseen by a steering committee involving the consortium partners plus members of the Georgian government, Euroscience Association and Euro Mediterranean Academy of Arts and Sciences. The regional economic and social impacts expected from the SENS-ERA project are precisely the reasons why many of these organisations have signed letters of support for this proposal."
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/sensors/optical sensors
- /social sciences/educational sciences
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/electromagnetism and electronics/electrical conductivity/semiconductor
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/sensors/smart sensors
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call