According to the High-Level Experts Group (HLG) micro and nanoelectronics are essential for all goods and services which need intelligent control in all innovative sectors and are therefore identified as Key Enabling Technologies (KET). Gallium Nitride is an advanced semiconductor material at the heart of three strategic issues, advanced materials, photonics and micro/nanoelectronics. The deployment of these technologies is key for Europe to strengthen its manufacturing capacities while addressing societal challenges on energy and transportation.
The main goal of the AGATE project is to implement an industrial European source of engineered substrates and epitaxial structures for GaN electronic devices, and to validate the substrate performances on high performance GaN devices.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/inorganic compounds
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/electromagnetism and electronics/electrical conductivity/semiconductor
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology/nanoelectronics
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeJTI-CP-ENIAC - Joint Technology Initiatives - Collaborative Project (ENIAC)