With a focus on transport, the project intends to increase the understanding among relevant actors of the benefits of environmental technologies for a wider application of these technologies. It will build on the ETAP actions on targeted training and aware ness raising. Pursuing this aim, the following support activities will be undertaken: ¿ conceptualising and organising of 3 workshops with relevant stakeholders for stock taking, identifying obstacles and possible solutions as well as best practice example s; ¿ organising a concluding conference on the basis of experiences made in the course of the project (to produce recommendations); intended for in particular senior executives within the sector in order to ensure that the learning from the project is communicated at a level that can help to ensure as broad a take-up and dissemination as possible. ¿ producing Background Notes and Policy Briefs on training needs and awareness raising.
The Background Notes will serve as a basis for the Conference discussions; the Policy Briefs will disseminate the project's findings and recommendations beyond the project to a wider audience.
specifying a low-cost, easily disseminated e-learning solution that addresses the overall objective of the project: increasing awareness amongst those working in this sector of underlying issues and dilemmas as well as of solutions and good practice. This activity also includes recommendations for routines to maintain the awareness and competence in order to ascertain continuous, long-ter m effects of the efforts. ¿ disseminating widely findings and recommendations of the projects, through the web sites of project partners and active involvement of business and training associations as well as the media.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportsustainable transport
- humanitiesartsart historymusicologypopular music studies
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportfreight transport
- social sciencespolitical sciencepolitical policycivil society
- social scienceseconomics and business
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesclimatologyclimatic changes
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action