Plastic and Eastover products constitute a multibillion increasing global business with a value of EUR200 billion in Europe alone Behind the production are found traditional Sees from all over Europe with limited access and capabilities to new technology and knowledge. The goal of this proposal is to transform traditional plastic and Eastover product Sees into knowledge intensive industries through a radical innovation called virtual injection moulding (barb VIM) The objectives that need to be fulfilled are:
(1) provide profound understanding of the factors that influence the physical behaviour of plastics and lassoers, in particular accurate theological data,
(2) integrate the new knowledge into a simulation tool enabling VIM,
(3) integrate VIM into each phase of the production process, and
(4) disseminate the new paradigm created to Sees over all Europe. The focus and scope of the project has been derived from the Sees needs. The partnership consists of 22European organizations (68% Sees) with multidimensional skills covering both knowledge supply and demand. A network of supporting organizations has been created outside the official consortium tenable wide take-up of the outcomes. VIM leads to higher production efficiency, lower time-to-market delays, minimized waste and quality problems, shorter production cycles, decreased investment requirements, and creation of new products. VIM could lead with time to 40 billion EUR savings in yearly production costs. This would be of central importance to the competitiveness of European industries. The proposal fits well into the call topic and priority area:
(1) Sees in plastics and Eastover industries are a traditional industry sector which has very limited RTD capabilities to shift to more added-value services such as interactive mould and tool design, production control and use of hybrid materials all vital for global competition by 2010;
2) Member States alone.
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Convocatoria de propuestas
Consulte otros proyectos de esta convocatoria
Régimen de financiaciónIP - Integrated Project
Zlin - Stipa
Cerdanyola Del Valles - Barcelona