There is a need of a more structured civil society environment at European level regarding security research.
SecurePART proposes the following strategic objectives to be achieved:
1 Understanding the status quo about CSOs participation;
2 Helping CSOs to cope with the increasing complexity of security research;
3 Supporting the internal structure of CSOs, promoting collaboration links among them and with the rest of stakeholders;
4 Defining a strategy and produce an action plan with action steps how to increase CSO participation in both the shaping and the implementation of security research.
The following measurable results will be achieved by SecurePART:
• Comprehensive inventory of CSO forms of involvement in the overall FP7;
• Interviews to 25 experts in CSO involvement and the societal dimension of the European research;
• Combined use of analytical techniques: concatenation, statistics and SWOT;
• Comparative analysis of CSO involvement in other 3 non-security related research fields;
• Exhaustive analysis of internal CSO capacities, collaboration links among CSOs and dialogue between CSO and the rest of stakeholders;
• Recommendations based on 6 case studies from the existing experience at European and international level;
• 10 CSO-oriented events in which communication actions to raise awareness on advocacy in security research;
• Dissemination of 75 paper final Action Plan; participation in events presenting the project results; and, 500 visitors of the website having downloaded at least 1 public deliverable.
SecurePART is submitted by independent, specialized social research centres and consultancies (specialised in policy analysis, citizen engagement and social marketing) ensuring a neutral approach. Extensive interaction with CSOs is ensured by the EU Federation of CSOs (ENNA) that will facilitate large consultations with their representatives and the multiplying effect of communication and dissemination actions planned.
Field of science
- /social sciences/political science/government systems/civil society
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions