DiasporaLink is a 4-year exchange program between 24 universities and research institutes representing EU, the Americas, Africa and Australia and will investigate, evaluate and facilitate transnational diaspora entrepreneurship, TDE as driver of development and wealth creation in countries of origin and residence.
• The partners in DiasporaLink have together a unique possibility to have a substantial impact on a global, European and national level targeting different groups and stakeholders:
• The international research community
• Institutions and policy makers in the social, economic and development field
• Diaspora organizations and communities
• Media and press
This is underlined by the specific network of the partners
• GEM Global Entrepreneurship Monitor
• IMISCOE International Migration, Integration, Social Cohesion
• International Council for Small Businesses
• Swedish TDE network
Core tasks are:
• Structure research on diaspora cross-border entrepreneurship in migration corridors
• Create awareness among policy and decision makers of the potential of TDE through publications and a web-site
• Build a IT-curricula for transnational entrepreneurship within and outside the universities
• Build an ICT-platform for internal communication and for transnational team building
The exchange of staff is built around research in common WP’s and around regular and touring workshops both internal and external.
The objective is to create a global, extended university network with the mission to monitor the entrepreneurship in migration corridors, define obstacles and support the corridor stakeholders with information and tuition.
Essential is close contacts with diaspora entrepreneurs and diaspora organizations are systematically approached through workshops and media, for involving diaspora organizations as active partners.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
D07 EWV4 Dublin
13083 875 Campinas Sp