EMERGENT takes up the broader scope of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Ex-change Scheme of promoting knowledge-sharing-based cooperation and moves its steps forward to actual-ly support and facilitate the movement of skilled people between academia and industry committed to work on a research topic dealing with green chipless RFID tags and sensors.
EMERGENT will move towards strengthening of existing inter-sectoral networks between the three EU re-search institutes and the three EU SMEs involved by implementing a total of 68 knowledge transfer se-condments in order to facilitate the joint research and innovation work aiming to realize a new class of chipless RFID tags and sensors moving from conventional sensors towards next generation pervasive interconnected systems by employing environmental-friendly substrates such as paper and low-cost printing process.
EMERGENT will design hand in hand with both the chipless tag and sensor a dedicated reader for extracting the desired information. To this aim, novel signal processing algorithms will be developed and tested. EMERGENT will focus on system parameters of prominent relevance reliability, calibration) to assess the true performance of the tag, and to make comparisons among different implementations. The critical issues regarding the sensitivity and resolution of the reader will be carefully addressed and solved.
EMERGENT will deliver wireless passive chipless smart tags and sensors able to sense the changing environment by collecting information about quantities of interest which may include temperature, humidity, stress, gases. EMERGENT will enhance the performance and robustness of chipless RFID sys-tems and will bring RFID sensing outside research laboratories towards self-consistent products.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securityaccess control
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsignal processing
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systemshome automation
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsradio technologyradio frequency
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
08798 Sant Cugat Sesgarrigues