While the implementation of the “Extreme Light Infrastructure” ELI is nearing completion in Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, its remaining goal is to create the necessary conditions for the future operation as a single, distributed international laser user facility of pan-European dimension.
The scope of the present ELITRANS project is to complement the final implementation stage by preparing and undertaking the transformation from three legally (but not conceptually) independent construction projects towards operation as a single international legal entity, ELI-ERIC.
The main objectives are:
• Conceptual Design of the future ELI-ERIC’s “Business Model”: essential elements of the future ELI-ERIC organization, financing, governance and international integration
• Preparing ELI-ERIC’s “Business Plan”: development of concepts adapted to the operation as the world’s first international laser user facility
• Managing the transition from Structural Funds supported implementation towards ERIC-funded operation: merging the three facilities into one unified internal structure, developing a corporate identity, strengthening user relations, developing the scientific profile, international visibility and leadership
The proposed actions are structured in eleven Work Packages. They cover the majority of activities considered necessary by the Commission for a successful implementation of ESFRI projects, and take into account specific recommendations by the ESFRI Assessment Expert Group. The objectives shall be achieved through concepts jointly developed with European and international partner facilities, and world-leading e-infrastructures.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/optics/laser physics
- /engineering and technology/other engineering and technologies/nuclear engineering/nuclear waste management
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/theoretical physics
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
077125 Magurele Ilfov