The BROADMAP project will take the first steps towards future procurement of ‘interoperable next generation of broadband radio communication systems for public safety and security’ (DRS-18) to improve PPDR’s service to Europe’s citizens and enhance interoperability across borders.
The primary goal of this project is to:
Collect and validate the PPDR (Public Protection and Disaster Relief) organisations’ existing requirements with the aim to establish a core set of specifications, and roadmap for procurement, to achieve future evolution of EU broadband applications and interoperable radio communication solutions
This project implements a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) with the purpose to inform and guide the future procurement of research and development, networks and devices and their deployment to realise new interoperable broadband networks, and the ecosystems of applications and services to support the PPDR and critical communications community.
Project BROADMAP addresses the following goals:
– To collect, assess and validate the PPDR’s wireless broadband communication requirements
– To establish a core set of specifications to fulfil the requirements
– To define transition roadmaps for research and standardisation for future evolution of European interoperable radio communication solutions, within legal procurement constraints
– To prepare the ground for a new eco-system to catalyse new applications, services and processes making use of broadband capabilities for public safety and security
– To utilise the strength of the PPDR community through our partners, their expertise, knowledge, networks and relations with the aim to achieving interoperability across Europe. This importantly includes nuances of societal differences, including different cultures, geography, processes and legal frameworks
BROADMAP integrates 15 potential buyers/end users from 15 countries, 8 of which are responsible ministries. 48 further end users provide initial support.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action