- Several market trends have resulted in a decreasing availability of workers fit for and/or interested in positions which require medium-to-high skills in the ICT sector (as code programming). All the while, ICT companies grow exponentially and increasingly other sectors need programming for their daily activities (Big Data). This has caused a “Skills Gap”, which by 2020 will result in the shortage of 85 million medium-to-high skilled workers and a surplus of 90+ million low skilled workers.
- The identification of this market failure, which has tremendous impact on the performance and growth of companies (lost revenue and higher costs) throughout the EU, motivated CBT to develop an innovative business model to commercially explore this opportunity with the “CBT Academy” project.
- Its’ business model and concept are based on organizing training courses to up-skill capable low-skilled workers into medium-to-high skills code programmers. The courses’ content will be defined by the effective needs of CBT Group’s ICT clients thus increasing the employment potential of the Academy’s trainees. This concept can be summarized as “Just-in-Time Skills”, where potential candidates enter a course knowing that a job opportunity will be waiting for them if they finish it successfully.
- More than 15 years of experience in the recruitment sector, in various countries, have validated the need and willingness-to-pay of companies for the results the CBT Academy wants to achieve (regular groups of motivated, capable and mobile workers to fill the growing positions with programming tasks). Although the concept is considered promising, the company feels the need to further explore, detail and quantify the business model. For this, it will develop a Feasibility Study focusing on defining and studying critical variables of the business, the deliverable to the Phase 1 of the SME Instrument.
- Thus, this proposal inserts itself in the INSO-10-2015-1 call: “SME Business model innovation”.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomics
- social sciencespolitical sciencespolitical transitionsrevolutions
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementemployment
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringdigital electronics
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call