LETS–CROWD will overcome challenges preventing the effective implementation of the European Security Model (ESM) with regards to mass gatherings. This will be achieved by providing the following to security policy practitioners and in particular, LEAs:
(1) A dynamic risk assessment methodology for the protection of crowds during mass gatherings centred on human factors in order to effectively produce policies and deploy adequate solutions.
(2) A policy making toolkit for the long-term and strategic decision making of security policy makers, including a database of empirical data, statistics and an analytical tool for security policies modelling, and
(3) A set of human centred tools for Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), including real time crowd behaviour forecasting, innovative communication procedures, semantic intelligence applied to social networks and the internet, and novel computer vision techniques.
LETS-CROWD will be a security practitioner driven project, fostering the communication and cooperation among LEAs, first responders, civil protection and citizens in the fight against crime and terrorism during mass gatherings by a set of cooperation actions. The project will put citizens at the centre of the research and will assess and evaluate how security measures affect them, and how they perceive them, while respecting EU fundamental rights.
LETS-CROWD impact will be measured under practical demonstrations involving seven LEAs and relevant emergency services units. In order to facilitate the assessment of the performance, transferability, scalability and large scale deployment of these solutions, the demonstrations will be conducted following eleven use cases.
- scienze mediche e della salutescienze della salutemalattie infettivevirus a RNAepatite C
- scienze socialipsicologiaergonomia
- scienze naturaliinformatica e scienze dell'informazioneintelligenza artificialevisione computerizzata
- scienze socialileggeforze dell’ordine
- scienze socialiscienze politichetransizioni politicheterrorismo
- H2020-EU.3.7.6. - Ensure privacy and freedom, including in the Internet and enhance the societal, legal and ethical understanding of all areas of security, risk and management
- H2020-EU.3.7.1. - Fight crime, illegal trafficking and terrorism, including understanding and tackling terrorist ideas and beliefs
Invito a presentare proposte
Vedi altri progetti per questo bando
Meccanismo di finanziamentoRIA - Research and Innovation action