There are three main reasons for an immediate innovation action to apply big data technologies in Healthcare. Firstly, a Healthy nation is a Wealthy nation! An improvement in health leads to economic growth through long-term gains in human and physical capital, which ultimately raises productivity and per capita GDP. Secondly, Healthcare is one of the most expensive sectors, which accounts for 10% of the EU’s GDP continuously becoming more expensive. Thirdly, as healthcare is traditionally very conservative with adopting ICT, while big healthcare data is becoming available, the expected impact of applying big data technologies in Healthcare is enormous.
BigMedilytics will transform Europe’s Healthcare sector by using state-of-the-art Big Data technologies to achieve breakthrough productivity in the sector by reducing cost, improving patient outcomes and delivering better access to healthcare facilities simultaneously, covering the entire Healthcare Continuum – from Prevention to Diagnosis, Treatment and Home Care throughout Europe.
• A Big Data Healthcare Analytics Blueprint (defining platforms and components), which enables data integration and innovation spanning all the key players across the Healthcare Data Value Chains
• Instantiations of the Blueprint which implement BigMedilytics concepts across 12 large-scale pilots accounting for an estimated 86% of deaths and 77% of the disease burden in Europe
• The Best “Big Data technology and Healthcare policy” Practices related to big data technologies, new business models and European and national healthcare data policies and regulations.
BigMedilytics will maximize the impact by using its Big Data Healthcare Analytics Blueprint and the Best Practices to scale-up the concepts demonstrated in the 12 pilots, to the whole Healthcare sector in Europe. It will use health records of more than 11 million patients across 8 countries and data from other sectors such as insurance and public sector.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- medical and health scienceshealth scienceshealth care services
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness model
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecancerprostate cancer
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinenephrologykidney diseases
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencebig data
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicineradiology
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecancerbreast cancer
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learningdeep learning
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
BH8 8EW Bournemouth Dorset