Smart air treatment in planes
Regulating and guaranteeing air quality and thermal comfort in aircraft cabins is crucial. The ambition of EC2S is to design the first Air Recirculation System (named EC2S Environment Control Secondary System) by integrating the smartest air treatment processes and sensors. The EC2S project opts to significantly reduce the need for fresh flows by recycling and treating cabin air as well as downsizing the ECS system weight, fuel consumption, pollution and costs. The potential of this project goes far beyond this, providing a more comprehensive on-line monitoring chain for cabin air quality maintenance. Budgeted at EUR 1.77 million, the project is expected to generate a business of EUR 30 million annually.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringautomotive engineering
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
Funding SchemeCS2-IA - Innovation action
The organization defined itself as SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) at the time the Grant Agreement was signed.
75015 Paris 15