Commercial drones - technically known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) – are one of the fastest-growing markets (200,000 units sold for commercial use last year). Increased safety, precise data collection, improved productivity, higher scalability and reduced operational costs make them suitable for a wide range of commercial applications mainly in infrastructure, media and entertainment (M&E), agriculture and telecommunications. However, their rapid adoption in indoor applications is restrained by limitations of Multi-rotors (the main commercialized technology) in operational safety, autonomous operation and flight range.
Part quadcopter - part blimp, Skye aims to revolutionize the commercial drone’s market by introducing the first UAV that solves the two most critical challenges of indoor flying drones: collision/injury risks and fully autonomous operation. Based on our patent pending “Redundant propulsion system”, we offer a drone powered solution able to fly completely safe above crowds (certified to fly above crowd in CH, USA and CN) and minimize any impact in case of system failure. All the above achieved by an easy to use system able to operate fully autonomously and carry a variety of payloads. By overcoming the limitations of multi-rotor technology we offer a superior drone technology with the following key competitive advantages: 1) High safety standards – collision tolerance (helium filled hull and redundant propulsion system), 2) Higher flight duration (smaller and more powerful air-impellers) and 3) Fully autonomous 24/7 operation (proprietary indoor GPS solution).
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/robotics/autonomous robots/drones
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics/productivity
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call