Smarter cabin solutions take flight
The aviation industry needs new cost-effective and reliable solutions to increase security and competitiveness. The sector is subject to new regulations such as the TTL (ticket time limit) requirements for cabin luggage. The EU-funded SmaCS project, led by two key players in aeronautic camera systems and machine learning, OTOMY Aviation and VICOMTECH, proposes an advanced solution for digitalised verification of cabin luggage. The project will develop a machine learning algorithm for cabin luggage control in poor light and contrast conditions. It will also establish an advanced method to make data-driven predictions. The project is also working on an aeroplane compatible image data processing hardware. Overall, this new technology will promote safety-related solutions in the aviation and transportation sectors.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorsoptical sensors
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- social sciencessocial geographytransportpublic transport
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learning
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata processing
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
See on map
20009 Donostia San Sebastian
See on map
The organization defined itself as SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) at the time the Grant Agreement was signed.