In the URClearED project, starting from a clear knowledge of the current status of the activities that are currently on-going, relevant steps to support the RWC functions of such a DAA system are intended to be carried out, strictly interacting with the projects on-going and those that will start in the time frame of the present project. In short, the project aims to support current study activities on the RWC functionalities by defining and analyzing operational scenarios which allow to assess requirements and assumptions made in current standards and applicable documents, and then paving the way to future industrial level activities on such system.
the above overall objective will be pursued through:
- define a set of operational scenarios which are peculiar to integration of an IFR RPAS into Class D-G airspaces, by taking into account current assumptions and requirements as defined in the EUROCAE-OSED [REF-1] (but also draft OPA, OSA, MASPS under development), also analyzing input from all other relevant focus groups and projects;
- develop a full Remain Well Clear (RWC) functionality of a DAA system, which supports evaluation for the operational conditions in integrating RPAS in Class D-G airspaces;
- define a set of scenarios for verification activities;
- carry out both Fast-Time Simulation and Real-Time simulation-Human in the Loop (both Remote Pilots and Air Traffic Control Officers) which allow to analyze such scenarios and provide validation and possible enhancements/amendments to EUROCAE OSED, as long as performance, safety (including Human Factors) and interoperability requirements;
- assess Surveillance Sensors performance requirements;
- Integrate the most advanced CA system available, as developed in relevant European projects (MIDCAS, MIDCAS SSP, SESAR PJ10-05 Wave 1, SESAR PJ111 & 117 Wave 2) for the full evaluation of the DAA system.
- Dissemination to the relevant stakeholder groups, including participation to standardization activities.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/transport planning/air traffic management
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSESAR-RIA - Research and Innovation action