RESHeat delivers an advanced 100% RES system on combined cooling, heating, and power (CCHP), including seasonal underground energy storage.
The RESHeat system enables:
• The use of solar energy as a primary renewable energy source,
• Production of heat and electricity by using PV-T (Photovoltaic - Thermal) panels,
• Seasonal underground heat storage in the system,
• Wastewater heat storage, as well as waste heat recovered from the air-conditioning and industrial processes,
• Delivery of the heating and cooling to the building through the heat pump,
• Delivery of the electrical Energy to the building
The novelties of the system are:
• High COP of the heat pump with yearly average over 5.5. Such a high COP enables effective underground energy storage, thus less electrical energy is consumed by the heat pump compressor
• Highly efficient ground regeneration due to the heat transfer from the storage unit to the ground and from boreholes through the ground, therefore the COP of the heat pump is not decreasing in consecutive years.
• Available heat storage from various sources (PV-T, wastewater, air conditioning and industrial processes)
• Coupling PV-T and ETSC (Evaculated Tube Solar Collectors) with sun-tracking systems to achieve electrical energy conversion up to 20 % and maximize renewable energy yield.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/energy conversion
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/solar energy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action